Real Time Web Analytics

Thursday 18 September 2014

Tick Tick Click Click - My First Blog


Irritated by hearing the word "Blog", someone saying "I am a blogger", some asking me "Do you blog?" and blah blah blah...!!! I started to research on that particular word and found it in the Wikipedia as we always do.

Then I found this definition in the very first line (A blog (a truncation of the expression weblog)[1] is discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries ("posts") typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first).)

Me, being a lethargic reader spent minutes to read the explanation given and finally ended up with learning a few words like discrete and chronological order.

Coming back to the point, I finally got to know what Blogging is all about. Not yet impressed with those words, but by looking at the craze towards blogging among my colleagues, I made up my mind to start one.

It took almost a fortnight to bring an urge in me to start a blog. So, I decided to name my blog and a friend of mine suggested me some creepy names which made my face wry. And again I Googled it and found a page saying the top 10 ways to name a blog. And I read it patiently and started to think on the eye-grasping names.

Then, I tried some of the names that JARVIS (my brain) fetched me with. Getting embarrassed with the names already being in use I decided to replace my Jarvis. It seems that Jarvis got feared about my thought of it's replacement so, it suggested a name that I couldn't refuse - The STUMBLING TUMBLR which was very apt to me being a budding blogger.

Immediately I made a decision to make it my blog's name and tried it and got surprised to have the name which was my 99th suggestion.

After a hour long of struggle to get a blog name finalized, I created one and got the comment "BLOG SUCCESSFULLY CREATED". Feeling relieved on getting a name for my blog, I started to think WHAT TO BLOG? having my hands clasped together behind my head.

Since, I was alone sitting in my rolling chair, I heard sounds like TIK TOK, TIK TOK, TIK TOK....
and finally realized that it was from my wristwatch which my colleagues presented me on my birthday a fortnight ago. I also heard the pressing sounds CLICK CLICK from my PC's keyboard. So, all together a thought provoked in my mind to write a blog about the experience in creating the first blog post. Once again I was scratching my head for a relevant but unique title for my post. Within few scratches my Intelligent System, The Jarvis a.k.a. my brain threw a phrase "TICK TICK CLICK CLICK" to have as my blog's title.



Since, the sounds TICK and CLICK were my companions at that time, I made it my final blogpost title.

So, the bottom line of my story is I have made my first blog.

Gif Credits: https://plus.google.com/+BenGerber/posts/LQKKT4MmDMP

No comments :

Post a Comment